An image from the scene of today’s house fire in St. Charles. No further information at this time.
This from Martin Nowak:
A few months back, I’ve shown Ambulance 812 with a black grill. Another North Palos Ambulance (802) drops the chrome grill for a black one. I believe these black grills fit their color scheme a lot better. I’ve never seen any other Ford E-series ambulance from the current generation with a black grill. Ambulance 802 is a 2010 Ford E-450/Osage. I also attached a recent picture of A812 along with Roberts Park Engine 32 and Ambulance 32.
This from the Chicago Tribune:
Funeral arrangements have been settled for Illinois State Trooper James Sauter, 28, who was killed when a semitrailer truck hit his squad car and both vehicles burst into flames late Thursday on I-294 in Glenview.
Visitation is set for Monday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Moraine Valley Church, 6300 W. 127th St. in Palos Heights, said ISP spokeswoman Monique Bond. The funeral is Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the same church.
The Tribune article with some video footage is HERE.
Tags: funeral arrangements for ISP Trooper James Sauter, Illinois State Trooper killed in firey crash, Illinois State Trooper killed on !-294 near Willow Road, Illinois trooper killed, Illinois trooper killed in fiery crash, ISP Trooper James Sauter
This from Drew Gresik:
Hello again,I have attached photos of the Downers Grove 2012 Freightliner/Medtec ambulance and Western Springs 2002 Spartan/Luverne Engine 1711. On the department pages, the old DG Ambulance 2 is pictured and on the WS page, the old 1721 is shown with outdated lights and graphics. Please feel free to use my attached photos for an update on those two station pages! Thanks again.Sincerely,Drew Gresik
New ambulances in Elgin from another contributor:
Tags: ambulance photos, Downers Grove Ambulance 2, Downers Grove Fire Department, Drew Gresik, Elgin Fire Department, fire engine photos, fire engine pictures, fire truck photos, Luverne engine, Medtec Ambulance, new ambulances for Elgin FD, Spartan Gladiator Classic, Type I ambulance on a Freightliner chassis, Type I Wheeled Coach ambulance, Western Springs Engine 1711, Western Springs Fire Department, Wheeled Coach ambulance, Wheeled Coach Type I Firemedic Ambulance
This from Josh Boyajian:
Chicago Companies had a working fire today @ 1356 s Fairfield. Engine 107 had a 2 sty vacant “Red X” building with fire in the rear and attic. 107 had two lines lead out as well as the use of their deck gun. Squad 1 was flowing water from the snorkel for a while. Companies never entered the building. Here are some of my pictures.
Tags: Chicago Engine 107, Chicago Fire Department, Chicago Fire Department Snorkel Squad 1, Chicago house fire, Chicago Squad 1, fire engine pumping at fire scene, Josh Boyajian, Snorkel aerial working at fire scene
Another series of images from Jack Connors showing the CFD Turret Wagons that the shops built on the Chevy Scottsdale (C20) chassis. At one point there was one of these assigned to each of the six districts.
More information on the history of CFD 6-7-4 in in an article HERE.
More on 6-7-6 is HERE.
The previous article in this series can be viewed HERE.
Tags: Chicago Fire Department, Chicago Fire Department turret wagon, Chicago Turret Wagon 6-7-1, Chicago Turret Wagon 6-7-3, Chicago Turret Wagon 6-7-4, Chicago Turret Wagon 6-7-6, history of Chicago FD turret wagons, Jack Connors
12-FOOT RESPONSE ONE #S709
BATAVIA FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Ford F-550 XL 4-Door DRW 4×4 Chassis
• Power Stroke 6.7L V-8, 300-HP Diesel Engine
• TorqShift 6-speed Automatic Transmission
• Heavy Duty 3/16” Aluminum Body with Amdor brand Roll Up Doors
• Luverne stainless steel running boards
• Two (2) rear SCBA back bucket seats
• EMS compartment with shelf between rear seats
• Ramsey Grill Guard with 12,000-lb Winch
• One (1) Reese type trailer hitch with electrical connections, rear
• One (1) Single bottle Air bottle compartment, right side wheel well area
• One (1) Dual bottle Air bottle compartment, right side wheel well area
• Attic ladder/Pike Pole storage with rear access, upper raised area
• Turtle tile on floors and /or shelves and trays of compartments
• Stokes basket/backboard storage, front transverse compartment
• One (1) Air bag rack, left side
• Fire Extinguisher Rack, right side
• One (1) Hinged Pegboard tool board, right side
• Two (2) Vertical Pull out tool boards, right side
• Floor mounted console for emergency switches with map/binder storage, cab
• Class 1 Total system manager for electrical load management
• Progressive Dynamics on-board battery charger
• Kussmaul Super Auto Eject 120-volt shoreline
• Code 3 Electronic Siren with 100-watt Federal speaker
• Two (2) Air horns, front bumper
• One (1) Optronics hand held spotlight, cab
• Four (4) Extenda-Lite 12-volt LED telescopic lights
• Smart Power Hydraulically driven 5500-watt Generator with 120-volt system
• Two (2) Akron Electric cord reels with 100-ft of 12/3 cord and junction box
• Whelen LED Warning Light Package
• Chevron pattern striping, rear
• 7’ 11” Overall height
• 26’ 2” Overall length
• 200.2 ” Wheelbase
• 84” Cab to Axle
• 7,000 FAWR
• 14,700 RAWR
• 19,500 GVWR
Northbrook Fire Department
The Village of Northbrook has an immediate opening for a full time Fire Inspector to serve in the Village’s Fire Prevention Bureau. This position will promote public safety and prevent property loss through the inspection of new and existing buildings for fire code violations. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to – building inspections for adequate fire protection, correction of fire hazards and code violations, communicating with property owners to resolve compliance problems, review of building plans, presenting public educational information, and assisting in fire scene investigations.
Candidates must possess five years of related inspection or fire experience and must be knowledgeable in systems related to fire prevention, building, electrical, mechanical, and fire codes.Candidates must be knowledgeable of inspection techniques on these systems. Possession of Fire Prevention Officer and FEMA – National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS Certifications 100, 200, 700, 800 required within six months from date of hire. OSFM Certified Fire Investigator preferred. The Village of Northbrook offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package.
The position will be open until filled, however submittal by April 15, 2013 is encouraged. The application form can be found at www.northbrook.il.us. Qualified individuals interested in being considered for the position should send a cover letter, resume and application form to: Village of Northbrook, Human Resources Manager, 1225 Cedar Lane, Northbrook, Il 60062 or email at email@example.com with Fire Inspector in the subject field.
You are currently browsing the archives for March, 2013