Updated photos of the engine being built for Long Grove at E-ONE so 140766
Posts Tagged Long Grove Fire Department
Updated photos of the engine being built for Long Grove at E-ONE
video from the 2-Alarm fire in Long Grove 9-16-16
This from Larry Shapiro:
The Long Grove FPD was dispatched with mutual aid companies to the area of Old McHenry Road and Cuba Road Friday night (9/16/16) just after 9:30PM for a reported house fire. The location is just blocks from the fire station and the Long Grove units were in the area within minutes of the call. They found a vacant house in disrepair off of Shagbark Lane with heavy fire.
The Code 3 dispatch was quickly upgraded to a Code 4 for the working fire. Nine units were due on the initial dispatch including three tankers and another 12 units with five tenders were due on the Code 4 along with several chief officers.
Long Grove Squad 55 and Tanker 55 used 4,000 gallons of water which was quickly supplemented by another 3,200 gallons from the Wauconda tanker and 1,000 gallons from Lake Zurich Engine 4 as a water supply operation was implemented with a tanker shuttle.
Eventually a Box Alarm and then a 2nd Alarm for tenders only brought multiple additional resources to the scene.
Additional images can be viewed at shapirophotography.net and a video will follow.
Long Grove Tanker 55 is back from being refurbished by Alexis Fire Equipment and went into service recently.
From the Long Grove FPD:
After a sealed bid process, the Long Grove Fire Protection District has chosen to purchase a 2017 E-One Typhoon 2000 GPM rescue pumper
Some of the spec highlights are as follows:
- Typhoon X medium cab with ALS compartment and seating for 4 personnel
- 450-HP Cummins motor
- Allison transmission
- Jacobs brake
- 2000-GPM Hale QMAX pump
- 780-gallon water tank
- FoamPro foam system
- 50-gallon Class A foam tank
- Hose bed storage of :
- 1000′ 5″
- 600′ 3″
- 200′ 2.5″
- 200′ 1.75″
- 4-bottle SCBA cascade system with 2 filling positions
- 10KW hydraulic generator
- 120V scene lighting on both sides and rear
- Night Scan Light Tower with Whelen Pioneer light heads
This unit will be replacing the KME rescue pumper (Squad 55) which will be traded into Fire Service, Inc as part of the purchase.
The Long Grove FPD has placed an order with E-ONE for a Typhoon rescue pumper to be delivered in 2017 to replace Squad 55.
This from Shaun Unell:
We are near the end of the work on our KME tanker being refurbished by Alexis Fire Equipment.
- We added on a pre-connected Class A foam system.
- Converted the officers side upper compartments to hinge upward instead of down for better access.
- Switched to our new paint scheme of black over ted and new black striping.
- Updated all warning lighting to LED.
- Installed a new Zico ladder rack which has an extended travel distance.
- Installed a new pump heat shield and replaced some damaged parts like a cab step.
- Completed mechanical repairs and suspension repairs.
- We are having hose troughs installed on both sides of the pump panel and a few final repairs are being completed.
We hope to take delivery of the rig in the next several weeks. Final graphics will be completed at our station.