From Cicero Firefighters Union Local 717 @Local717 on Facebook:

Cicero FIrefighter Ted PolashekGet well wishes going out to Cicero Firefighter Ted Polashek who was injured fighting a fire in Cicero Saturday:

He was hospitalized suffering from what is being described as a serious case of smoke inhalation while fighting a fire at a two-story home at 2112 61st Court that was called in at 3:45 PM and caused serious damage to the property. It was quickly extinguished and no members of the family living in the home were injured.

But Cicero officials said that Firefighter Ted Polashek, 44, was seriously injured when he inhaled heated smoke. He was taken to MacNeal Hospital and later transferred to Lutheran General Hospital Saturday night where he was being intubated.

Polashek, a 20-plus year veteran firefighter, was working on ventilating the roof during the home fire when he was overcome by the smoke and super-heated gases.