The Chicago Tribune has an article about a boy that is credited with saving the lives of a family that was sickened by carbon monoxide in Antioch.

Antioch fire officials are crediting a quick-thinking boy for alerting them in time to a family of four found unconscious in their home from carbon monoxide poisoning this morning.

The boy had gone to the home in the 1100 block of Bowles Road where his girlfriend lived with her sister and parents around 5:55 a.m. but got no answer at the door, said Antioch Fire Chief John Nixon. He looked through the living room window and saw his girlfriend’s father passed out and called 911, Nixon said.

“He said no one was answering the door and he couldn’t get in and he called in and said he could see a person laying down in the living room,” Nixon said. “If it wasn’t for this young man, I’m pretty sure we’d have a much worse outcome.

“He is (a hero), he had a lot to do with a good outcome so far.”

Paramedics broke through the door and also found a person unconscious on the first floor, while firefighters found two other people unconscious in their beds. The family dog was also passed out, Nixon said.

All of the people in the home and the dog were revived, Nixon said. “They evacuated the patients from the house,” he said, adding that the residents were taken in serious condition to hospitals.

The entire article is HERE.

thanks Chris