Posts Tagged Former Chicago firehouse for sale

Former Chicago firehouse for sale

Rehabbed former Chicago fire house for sale

Rehabbed former Chicago fire house for sale. Chicago Tribune photo

Excerpts from the ChicagoTribume.com:

2414 W. Cuyler Ave. in Chicago: $1,049,000

Listed on Nov. 3, 2017

One-of-a-kind gut-renovated 3,600-square-feet of a 1899 Chicago Firehouse in North Center by Lincoln Square and in the popular Coonley School District. This historical landmark is the only frame firehouse remaining in the city. Soaring 12-foot ceilings, wood beams, open first floor-floor plan, radiant-heated concrete floors on first floor and wood floors on second. Second floor has master suite with bay window, two bedrooms, an office/exercise room and a den. Oversized, attached two-car garage.

Agent: Sharon Gillman and Marissa Schaefer of Baird & Warner, 312-640-7010

interior of Rehabbed former Chicago fire house for sale

Chicago Tribune photo

interior of Rehabbed former Chicago fire house for sale

Chicago Tribune photo

interior of Rehabbed former Chicago fire house for sale

Chicago Tribune photo

interior of Rehabbed former Chicago fire house for sale

Chicago Tribune photo

interior of Rehabbed former Chicago fire house for sale

Chicago Tribune photo

 

thanks Dennis

Tags: , , , ,

Former Chicago firehouse for sale

Excerpts from dnainfo.com:

 The 102-year-old firehouse at 1723 W. Greenleaf Ave. is back up for grabs after the city opened the property to bids for the third time since it closed in 2009.

On Monday, the city’s Department of Planning and Development issued a request for proposals for the two-story  firehouse and the target selling price is $315,000.

The station, formerly the home of Engine Co. No. 102, has been on the market twice since it closed in 2009 following the construction of a newer firehouse.

Between 2013 and 2014, several interested parties vied for the space and Ald. Joe Moore (49th) eventually whittled down the proposals to three — a Hindu temple, a home-office space and headquarters for two economic support and social organizations — though none of the prospects came to fruition.

Shortly after it closed, the Rogers Park/West Ridge Historical Society also made a move for the property, though that plan also eventually fell through.

The 6,323-square-foot building was finished in 1915 and sits atop a 8,934-square-foot lot, and is currently zoned for residential developments, though the planning department is willing to consider requests that require zoning changes.

It’s potential use is flexible, according to the city, but “respondents must respect the existing land uses and architecture of the surrounding area when submitting proposals,” and proposals should “preserve the historically significant exterior elements and basic structure of the building.”

Among its features is a vintage air raid siren installed in 1942 and operated by a Chrysler motor known as the “1 Chrysler Victory Bell.”

thanks Dennis

Tags: , , , , , , , ,