Excerpts from abc7chicago.com:

The Frankfort Fire Protection District said no one was injured in a fire Saturday night that left two families without a place to live that began in the garage of a home on West North Avenue. When firefighters arrived, the garage was engulfed in flames, which had already spread to a neighbor’s house. Both homes are now uninhabitable.

Fire investigators said their initial investigation indicates the blaze was sparked by fireworks that were improperly disposed of in a garbage can, adding that neither homeowner is being blamed for starting the fire.