Excerpts from the DailyHerald.com:

One person was displaced and taken to the hospital Wednesday after a house fire in Geneva.

A neighbor called 911 about 8 p.m. when they saw smoke and flames coming from a home in the 200 block of Kansas Street, Geneva Fire Chief Mike Antenore said.

Firefighters found the homeowner outside the house when they arrived. The homeowner was the only person in the house at the time, and was breathing and conscious while being transported to Delnor Hospital.

Ten fire departments, including St. Charles, Elburn, Batavia, and West Chicago responded to the call.