Archive for November 21st, 2016

Algonquin-Lake in the Hills FPD news

Excerpts from the DailyHerald.com:

Algonquin-Lake in the Hills FPD firefighters responding to a Lake in the Hills house fire Saturday morning rescued a person who was trapped inside.

Crews arriving about 10:51 a.m. initially had difficulty entering the single-story home on the 300 block of Council Trail and searching for the victim because of hoarder-like conditions plus a large volume of smoke and fire.

The victim, whose identity and condition are unknown, was removed from the house at 11:04 a.m. and taken with life-threatening injuries to Centegra Hospital-Huntley before being airlifted to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood.

Tags: ,

New ambulance for Tri-Creek EMS in Lowell, IN

This from Brad Steinweg:

Tri-Creek EMS based in Lowell has received a new ambulance. It’s a 2016 F-450/Wheeled coach. They also received an identical ambulance last year as well. This replaces a 2003 E-350/Wheeled Coach.

-Brad S.
New ambulance for Tri-Creek EMS in Lowell, IN New ambulance for Tri-Creek EMS in Lowell, IN

Tags: , , ,

Chicago Fire Department news

This from Tim Olk:

Some photos from CFD Special Operations celebrating the last day on the job for Special Operations Battalion Chief John Collins.

last day on the job for Special Operations Battalion Chief John Collins

Tim Olk photo

last day on the job for Special Operations Battalion Chief John Collins

Tim Olk photo

last day on the job for Special Operations Battalion Chief John Collins

Tim Olk photo

Chicago FD Snorkel Squads

Tim Olk photo

Tags: , ,

Chicago Fire Department news

Excerpts from ABC7Chicago.com:

Six Chicago firefighters were hospitalized Monday morning after they woke up feeling sick.

Ambulances responded to¬†Engine 26’s house at 10 North Leavitt Street around 3 a.m. and transported five firefighters to area hospitals. Two others were checked out but not hospitalized. One firefighter at another firehouse was also hospitalized.

Three firefighters were released Monday morning. They woke up complaining of upper respiratory irritation, Assistant Deputy Fire Commissioner Timothy Sampey said.

Earlier in the evening, the firefighters fought a fire in the 1400-block of West Huron Street. It was a very smoky fire inside a large upscale home. Fire officials said the fire started from an overheated furnace and an irritant may have gotten into the air.

thanks Dan

Tags: , ,